The Advance Queensland Young Starters Program aims to help young Queenslanders to develop and pitch their great ideas to the world.
There are two components to this program:
- The Young Starters Fund is now open and will provide funding up to $20,000 to eligible organisations to deliver events and activities that build entrepreneurial and technology startup skills in young Queenslanders, aged 15–24.
- The annual Young Starters Competition (to be opened in 2016) will see young entrepreneurs pitching their ideas at a regional and then state level, to win prizes including a place in an accelerator program.
To be eligible for the Young Starters Fund, your activity must:
- be conducted on a not-for-profit basis and demonstrate broad benefit for the Queensland startup community
- align with the Advance Queensland principles
- cover one or more of the following:
- improve capability and capacity
- access to capital
- collaboration, building networks and connectivity
- access to markets
- skills development
- culture and promoting success.
- Collaboration with other organisations will be favourably considered.