On the night of 30 November 2016, Gravis Insights Australia (GIA) made 67945 calls into the the Local Government Area (LGA) of the Sunshine Coast beginning at 6pm. The poll results have been weighted to account for gender and age differences.
The poll has a margin of error of ±2.1% at the 95% confidence level. The total may not round to 100% because of rounding. The polls were conducted using interactive voice response polling, with the results weighted by select demographics.
1) Please nominate your age bracket?
2) Please nominate your gender?
3) What do you deem the biggest issue on the Sunshine Coast to be?
4) When it comes to election time, which party do you normally vote for?
5) On a scale of 1-5 with one being strongly oppose and five being strongly support; how do you generally feel about the issue of new development across the Sunshine Coast?
6) Are you a member of your local community ratepayers’ association or similar entity?
7) Do you believe that the State Government does enough to help the Sunshine Coast Council prepare the Coast for the population targets that it the State Government sets for the region?
8) How do you see the issue of infrastructure funding for your community?
9) On height limits, do you believe that high rise developments should be confined to the CBDs and specified tourist precincts?
10) Inside CBD and tourist precincts, do you believe that there should be a higher level of flexibility to ensure that community benefits and that development propositions are approved?
11) Do you feel that Council is acceptably professional and transparent in the approval of development applications?
12) Do you believe that the whole community has enough input into developments that are approved in the community?
13) Do you believe that protest groups that form around developments are truly representative of the needs of the whole Sunshine Coast?